- Albany Watch - http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com -
Visual Quality Panel named for new Tappan Zee Bridge
Posted By Joseph Spector On February 15, 2013 @ 12:53 pm In Other | Comments Disabled
Sixteen experts will serve on a visual quality panel for the new Tappan Zee Bridge, aimed at improving the aesthetics of the new bridge and hearing community input about its appearance, the state Thruway Authority announced today.
The panel will consist of one chairperson appointed by the Thruway Authority, a visual quality manager from the design-build team and one from the Thruway Authority. It will also have 13 public representatives.
Construction is expected to get underway this year for the roughly $4 billion bridge over the Hudson River between Westchester and Rockland counties.
“Along with expanding mass transit, a central goal of this project is to give the people of Westchester and Rockland Counties, as well as the entire Hudson Valley, a bridge they can be proud of,” said Thruway Authority Chairman Howard Milstein in a statement. “The Visual Quality Panel will give the public a direct line to the design team. Their recommendations will help us make informed decisions about what options on the bridge are best for the surrounding communities.”
The group will start meeting this month.
The members of the panel are:
· Brian Conybeare, VQP Chair, Special Advisor to Governor Cuomo, Thruway Authority
· Darrell E. Waters, Design-Build Team Visual Quality Manager, Tappan Zee Constructors
· Heather Sporn, Thruway Authority Visual Quality Manager, NYS Dept. of Transportation
· David Aukland, Tarrytown Planning Board
· Suzanne Barclay, Town of Orangetown
· John Bonafide, Division for Historic Preservation, NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
· Ed Burroughs, Westchester County Planning Commissioner
· Jerry Faiella, Executive Director of Historic Hudson River Towns, former New Castle Town Administrator
· Robert Fellows, Rockland Center for the Arts
· Barbara Hess, Hess Architects
· Andrew Klemmer, President of Paratus Group and Scarsdale resident
· Richard Kohlhausen, Rockland County Community College Board, Capitol Risk Management
· Elma Reingold, Irving Resident, Assistant Principal of the High School of Art and Design, NYC
· Alison Spear, Ennead Architects
· Thomas Vanderbeek, Rockland County Planning Commissioner
· Victoria Weisel, MS, LMSW, Irving Neighborhood Association
Article printed from Albany Watch: http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com
URL to article: http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com/2013/02/15/visual-quality-panel-named-for-new-tappan-zee-bridge/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://statepolitics.lohudblogs.com/files/2013/02/tappan-zee4.jpg