On Saturday, activists statewide are organizing to call on U.S. House members to end tax cuts for the rich and urge Congress to support New Yorkers by a deal on the looming fiscal cliff, Gannett’s Haley Viccaro reports.
The groups, including the Strong Economy For All Coalition, will meet on the Staten Island Ferry, Kingston Farmers Market, Market Street in Corning and at stops in Binghamton and Newburgh. They plan to target GOP House members Michael Grimm, Chris Gibson, Tom Reed, Richard Hanna and Nan Hayworth.
Groups are planning to organize at four different locations throughout the state on Saturday:
- Starting at 11:30 a.m. on the Staten Island Ferry during the People’s Yacht Trip.
- From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Kingston Farmer’s Market located at 272 Wall St. in Kingston.
- At 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Market Street Shopping district in Corning.
- From 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at River Read Books on 5 Court Street in Binghamton.
- At 11 a.m. at N Road, Route 9D (at I-84); Beacon